On October 14, 2015 the National Telecommunications Commission of Paraguay (CONATEL) made public the bidding conditions for granting a license to provide mobile telephone, internet access and data transmission services on the 1700–2100 MHz frequencies band, by simultaneous English auction, likewise announcing the related operating and exploitation obligations (“Licitación 4G”).
Paraguayan individuals and Paraguayan and foreign legal entities may participate in this tender. In the case of foreign legal entities they must establish in Paraguay within 45 days from selection as licensee, at the latest, and before receiving the license. The reserve price is UDS 15 million for each 10 MHz sub-band.
A limit of 30 MHz of spectrum was established as the maximum an awardee can be assigned. This limit includes the spectrum already assigned to any licensee in the 1900 MHz and 2600 MHz bands. Any licensee intending to participate in this bid and having more than 30 MHz assigned must revoke the licenses it considers pertinent in order to meet the ceiling.
The bid procedure is as follows:
1) Application: interested parties must file an application in accordance with the bidding conditions, including a proposal, other information and formal documentation.
2) Prequalification: eligibility review of participants and proposals submitted.
3) Auction: in a simultaneous English auction the interested parties who are prequalified can simultaneously compete in successive licensing rounds. Interested parties can only make offers for each sub-band, and are prohibited from making aggregate or comprehensive bids.
Timeframes are as follows:
• Ex-officio clarifications: until November 8 at 3:30 p.m.
• Queries: until November 13 at 3:30 p.m.
• Receipt of bids: until December 3 at 9:30 a.m.
• Opening of bids: December 3 at 10:00 a.m.
The bidding conditions can be accessed by clicking here
Néstor Loizaga: firstname.lastname@example.org