The practice group provides comprehensive customs advice to a broad range of local and international companies, collaborating on day-to-day matters in their foreign trade transactions.
The experience of the Customs area, in coordination with other FERRERE practices, such as Tax, provides an overarching vision of all aspects impacting on traders.
The group’s advice on key aspects such as customs valuation of merchandise, affords clients a preventive approach to customs authority challenges.
FERRERE’s customs area also has significant experience in assisting on inspections and audits by the National Customs Office and advice on customs violation matters.
Its regional presence through its offices in Bolivia, Ecuador, Paraguay and Uruguay allows it to assist on the design of trading structures involving those countries with an international eye to customs issues, taking multi-jurisdictional impacts into account.
- Advice on Imports / Exports: Regulatory aspects. Determination of formal obligations and taxes
- Advice on tariff classification, system of origin, special regimes
- Assistance on merchandise valuation: preventive advice and performance of valuation studies. Assistance on customs authority audits involving value challenges
- Free trade zones, warehouses: Structuring of logistics chains with a regulatory, tax and customs multidisciplinary approach
- Assistance on administrative, litigious and judicial proceedings involving foreign trade transactions