The government has guaranteed that this year it will invest USD 2.4 billion in oil and gas, in the context of its economic policy for the sector’s development.
Between 2006 and 2016 USD 12.7 billion was invested in the sector, including construction of two liquids separation plants in Río Grande and Gran Chaco.
Among the most relevant projects to be executed soon are:
• YPFB’s Immediate Exploration Plan (“Plan Inmediato de Exploración”), whose purpose is to increase production of gas, liquid hydrocarbons and liquefied natural gas.
• Continuation of operations at the Gran Chaco liquids separation plant.
• Startup of the Ammonia and Urea Plant and the Liquefied Natural Gas Plant.
• Start of construction for the Propylene-Polypropylene Complexes.
• Expansion of gas export markets to neighboring countries.
Among others, the projects mentioned are part of the country’s Economic and Social Development Plan.
More information at www.planificacion.gob.bo.